The following message was issued by the Board of Regents of Concordia University Irvine on May 4, 2018:
Message to the Concordia University Irvine Community
After prayerful consideration, the Board of Regents has voted unanimously to continue the search process and to select an interim president. President Kurt Krueger will become President Emeritus and is appointed Interim President of Concordia University Irvine effective July 1, 2018. This appointment will continue through the 2018-2019 fiscal year or until a president is elected by the Board of Regents or as otherwise determined by the Board of Regents.
The Board of Regents wishes to commend and express its deepest appreciation to:
- Rev. Dr. Steve Mueller and Rev. Dr. Scott Ashmon (who earlier this week removed himself from consideration for the presidency).
- All the candidates who allowed their names to stand in nomination.
- The Presidential Search Committee which provided invaluable and tireless work to this process.
- The trustees, faculty, staff, and students for their participation in the process, especially the listening forums and surveys.
- President Kurt and Val Krueger for their exemplary and faithful service to Concordia University Irvine.
The Board of Regents is deeply thankful for your prayers and ask that you continue to keep the university and search process in fervent prayer as God continues to lead us to our next president.
The Board of Regents
Concordia University Irvine
Congregations Matter applauds the responsible group of leaders who faithfully serve on the Board of Regents at Concordia University Irvine. Well done.
Congregations — and the selection of our University and Seminary Presidents — matter.